Engineered for Performance, Designed for the Planet
Vans Skateboarding introduces the Zahba with ImpactWaffle, the brands latest performance innovation that delivers next level impact protection without sacrificing boardfeel. Comprised of three parts, ImpactWaffle encases two layers of VR3Cush foam cushioning in a SickStick rubber outsole providing the right amount of impact protection in all the right places.
The Zahba was designed with sustainability in mind and qualifies for Vans’ VR3 Checkerboard Globe Logo. Vans VR3 designation follows strict material guidelines with one or a combination of regenerative, responsibly sourced renewable, and recycled materials making up at least 30% of the product.
- IMPACTWAFFLE™: To provide next level impact protection, without sacrificing boardfeel.
- VR3CUSH™: A flexible dual-density midsole made with at least 50% biobased EVA foam partially derived from plants per ASTM D6866-16 reference standard.
- SICKSTICK™: The Zahba™ rubber cupsole features a zonal tread design to provide enhanced grip and durability, with a reversed waffle tread pattern in the heel to increase the longevity of the shoe. This outsole contains at least 55% responsibly sourced natural rubber obtained from sources that follow proven sustainable practices with the intention of reducing impacts on the planet.
- DURACAP™: A reinforced toecap for increased durability and added protection.
- REFINED FIT: Low profile, easy to wear skate shoe with a 98% recycled foam sockliner that adds additional comfort.
- UPPERS: Materials include durable suede panels in high-wear areas and lightweight athletic-inspired mesh that is breathable and long-lasting.
To learn more about Vans and our journey to sustainable materials, visit vans.com/sustainability.